We also want to protect our hair from the sun, wind, and harsh chemicals
that usually go along with this hot and humid season.
- Tie your hair back in a high pony, loose bun, or braid. Release it later for soft waves.
- Rinse your hair before dipping into the pool or ocean as your strands can fill up with fresh water first.
- Wear a hat or use sunscreen for your hair. You can actually dilute regular sunscreen and mist it over your scalp.
- Keep your ends trimmed to avoid splitting.
- Playing sports? Keep your hair back with a flexible wire scarf or terry sweat band.
- Steer clear of hair products containing harsh chemicals like alcohol that can really dry out your hair.
- Cut down on your weekly washings and be sure to rinse with cool water.
- Hydrate your hair with moisturizing products and oils designed to keep the natural curl and cut the frizzies.
- Avoid the blow dryer--let your hair air dry instead. Use the curling iron only if you must.
- Choose a brush and comb that is just right for your hair. Treat each lock like a strand of silk!
While you're there, check out my natural, organic AVEDA products
designed to nourish and protect your lovely locks!